Current trends are on the rise as HR managers look for ways to improve employee performance.
It’s no surprise that the Ministry of HR in UAE increased their budgets in 2018 to 984 million AED. Before then, the budgets were around 601 million AED to regulate jobs and employment in the private sector.
What does this mean for HR managers in UAE?
As we all know, it’s the HR managers who have to spend budgets on their employees in the most effective way.
- Define what exactly is 360 Degree Feedback
- Go over the benefits
- Provide some tips to prepare HR managers for the tool
What is 360 Degree Feedback?
- Their colleagues
- Their direct reports
- Their managers
- Other groups such as customers, stakeholders, etc
Why is it called 360 Degree Feedback?
- A chance for managers to assess an employee
- A chance for relevant colleagues to give feedback on an employee – anonymously
- A chance for the individual to assess themselves and bring it to light
4 Real Examples of how 360 Degree Feedback is useful
“Self-Awareness is knowing one’s internal states, preference, resources and intuitions”– Daniel Goleman
“The only thing worse than training your employees and have them leave is not training your employees and have them stay”– Henry Ford
- Their current job role didn’t make good use out of their abilities
- They felt their talents weren’t appreciated
- Make sure the purpose is development based- not just a chance to get rid of staff
- Have an independent party manage the process, including feedback session
- Steps in place to support employees
- Choose the right competencies for measurement
- Encourage an open mind for both managers and employees
- Create a feedback culture in the workplace
- Encourage warm talk between employees and managers
- Develop effective action plans and appraisals
- Get a balanced and well-round view on an employee
- Form an inclusive workplace, where ideas are shared and voices are heard
Goleman. (1995). Working with emotional intelligence. London: Bloomsburg.
Nelson, D. and Quick, J. (2012). Organizational behavior. Mason, Ohio: South-Western.